Ammunition for the Winter
- Draco Lockhard
- First released
- 2012, on the author’s Web site.
- The story references the events of Of Mice and Mayhem, and could be considered, in part, an “unofficial” sequel to it.
- around 44,913 words (original)
- M (double-check needed)
For the most part, the story is set at or around the Semipalatinsk Test Site in Kazakhstan, where the animalkind, having found the means to protect themselves from the radioactive contamination of their habitat, fights hard with the nature – as well as the ever-present human threat – to survive, and build a prospering community of their own.
As not uncommon for the Lockhard works, – this one starts with several seemingly-unrelated storylines, which slowly converge to intersect at a certain point in this novel.
- Lebetine (Гюрза)
- Sai (Сай; son of Lebetine)
- Temir (Темир; from Kazakh темір meaning “iron”)
- Fog (Туман)
- Erich Knutte (Эрих Кнутте)
- Tauron de Maar (Таурон де Маар)
- Kagat (Кагат)
- http://drakia.com/works/dragonbooks/books-whiteshadow/item/cdrr-bnz – the story on the author’s Web site.
- Semipalatinsk Test Site article on the English Wikipedia.